Today was LilA's 4 month check up. She's still growing like BigA did...above the curve. She's almost 17 lbs (95%tile) and 26.5 lbs (100%!!!). She also got two shots. I learned from BigA that I am not going to do all the shots at once. Nine shots in 5 vaccines...that's alot of vaccines. I know there is a huge debate about kids and vaccines. I'll post more on my view, but in a nut shell, I understand the need to vaccine, but kids are not a one size fits all, so why are vaccines. Too, I do believe the parents should have more of a role in the vaccine schedule and not b/c the government says too. Granted MOST kids tolerate shots ok, but there is a group---BigA falls into that group and LilA b/c of "family history"----that are not typical and can't be placed in the lump sum category. Now Dr. W has given me LOTS of grief about how I choose to vaccine (again, another blog), but today I was shocked and pleased to hear he's not going to push the H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccine on me. He said that kids with neurological disorders are at a higher risk and that BigA is a no and wouldn't give it to LilA, again, b/c of family history. WOW...talk about a small sign from Heaven!
LilA has been crying all afternoon after her shots. If she doesn't have a bottle in her mouth, she's screaming b/c of it. NOT FUN. She did this after her last round, and ironically, she only got one injection in her leg. The other vaccine was an oral one. She finally cried herself to sleep, poor soul. I hope this afternoon goes better for her...and for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment